Robert capa – Spanish Civil war

Capa whose work is iconic to many photographers, and his photo essay on the Spanish civil war is an amazing, inspirational and personal look on this war. Most of his work is very crisp and sharp for the most part, but since he shot on film some of his shots capture an extended period of time, and movement of people. An iconic shot from this essay, is a photo of a woman running from the raid alarm and trying to find shelter the look of panic swept across her face and a dog in her path. The way that Capa has captured the movement and how Capa has panned with the woman to get the buildings to blur and her still be sharp.

jjjjj

This image is quite iconic and I feel like this is a striking image as it shows panic and movement of this unknown woman and a dog. I feel like this image is moving as it shows how the fear and panic in this person and in Spain at the time.

Capa shows through the photo essay the physical effects of the civil war and without the images he took we wouldn’t have any documentation of this, and the human effect that the war, or any war can bring and if most of these images were shot today in Syria or Iraq they would be showing the same message, which shows that Capa’s images are timeless, and can be related to throughout time, I feel like an image that would stand the test of time from this essay would be the one of the refugees from Malaga, the old woman crying with a small child hiding behind I feel that Capa is trying to show how war effects people and the town or city. I think that these images are really captivating and powerful, I really like these images and think that I would love to have assisted on some of these outings as it would be quite the experience to have seen the real world effects of war, and how I as a photographer would shoot these images differently to Capa, how he could help inspire me to try and get different details of the world.

hhhhh

This is just one of the photo essays that Capa has done, and this one has really inspired me the most as it shows the real world instead of the constructed world the media want us to see. I feel Capa will have inspired countless photographers to abstain from the rules and mediation processes, putting images out into the public that challenge the ideas that are put out to the public.

Many people don’t like Capa’s work, feeling like that some of the images like the ‘falling soldier’ are faked, but it will still be an iconic image that will be studied for many years to come.ggggg